Consultant for Creator-Owned Small Businesses
Sandra Tayler has been running a small creative business for more than 20 years. During those years she has done the jobs of book keeper, administrator, fulfillment officer, payroll clerk, marketing, and HR manager. She has also set up, run, and fulfilled multiple Kickstarters with funding levels in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and up to 6000 backers. Sandra understands the unique challenges that come with creative businesses, including fluctuating income, time availability, and creating space for creativity to flourish amid all the business tasks. Most creatives just want to create, Sandra will help you decide how to set up your creative work so the business aspects make the least impact possible on your creativity. If you’re a creator looking to make more space in your life to create, one looking to set up a full business, or have an ongoing business seeking to recalibrate, Sandra can help you identify your next steps and how to take them.
A forty-five minute consulting session by phone or Zoom is $30. During this time, I will listen to you describe where you are creatively and where you would like to go. The fee will be invoiced via Paypal in advance of scheduling the session. Some possibilities for consulting are:
- Figuring out how to rearrange your life to make more space for creativity
- Specifics and basics for starting up a new business including financial management and marketing
- Blending a creative business with the other aspects of your life such as schooling, parenting, care taking, or a day job
- Planning for and launching a creative project on Kickstarter, with resources for preparing, running, and fulfilling your Kickstarter.
- Discussions on building an audience and managing social media in ways that boost your creative business without impacting your ability to create
To request a consultation, please email sandra.tayler on gmail.
Scholarships available for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, disabled creators and creators with financial need. I reserve a certain number of consulting slots each month for those who might not otherwise be able to afford a consultation.